Yesterday I got picked for the amazing task of mowing the lawn in our back yard (WAY back). The grass was about a foot high so I had to mow very slow. The first critter I see? A snake! UGH! I instinctively veer off to mow it over, I don't know if I got it but I sure as heck tried. Then low and behold, a frog! It hopped away to safety quickly (probably having seen the snake episode). Safe this time froggy... but you just wait. Then towards the end I see a toad!
I love toads, something about them hits my soft spot. Hopping away slowing. Hop........ ribbit..... hop hop.... rest..... yeah gotta love em. So I go out of my way to not hit him. I feel so sorry for him where ever I go there he is! Evidently he thought the tall grass would be safer; fat chance since I was mowing! After many near hits he decides to book it to the cedars and our sweet clover (smart toad). Smiling like an idiot for the toads safety I continue mowing, almost hitting a frog and then encountering two more toads. One was bigger than my fist and I really had to fight the urge not to stop the mower. Ahhh... my adventures.
No comments:
Post a Comment